Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is it True? You can decide.

Some people say that animals can sense [1] whether a storm is coming, or a climate change is in the works. I personally think that animals can tell, I think this because when we are getting ready for a winter storm we always have to search the hills of our pasture to find our cattle. Usually I will find our head in the southern most part of our land in low spots with tall hills and many shrubs. I know if I were an animal and I could sense a bad storm blowing in, I would try to find cover from the northern wind!
   [2]
“Plenty of studies have shown that some animals can sense major changes in the weather. Worms, for instance, are known to flee rising groundwater. Birds are known to be sensitive to air pressure changes, and often hunker down before a big storm. In Florida, researchers studying tagged sharks say they flee to deeper water just before a big hurricane arrives. They also may be sensing the air and water pressure changes caused by the big storm.” (Can animals predict disaster?) Studies have shown that animals can predict the weather. Stranger behavior in your animals gives away that there could be some sort of weather disturbance [3] coming in.
[4]
In addition, I have noticed even though the winter months are not here yet, animals start growing a thicker coat. This is an obvious sign that some sort of cooling in the temperature is in the near future. I have noticed already that many of our horses’ coats have been thickening every week and now in this week’s forecast[5] there is going to be a strong cold front moving in to the area  a cooling things down quite a bit! So from my horses’ coat, I have concluded that yes, animals can predict the weather! So pay attention to your animals they are smarter than you think.
[6]



[2] Cybastean. “Cattle and looming storm.” June 16, 2007. October 19, 2010. Retrieved from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybastean/561411522/
[3]http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=339644
 [4] Auto News. “weather map.” March 13, 2007. October 19, 2010 retrieved from http://www.blowupmyride.com/?page_id=4
[6] Mitchell, E. “Worlds ugliest dogs”. 2008. October 19, 2010. Retrieved from: http://blog.seattlepi.com/filmhound/month.asp?blogmonth=6/1/200

2 comments:

  1. You left out a few words in some of your scentences. I agree, animals can predict a weather change before humans. Good post over all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the blog. It keept my attention. I also love the picture of the dog; it was too cute! I saw a couple of grammatical errors: watch when to use a comma, and make sure you spell everything out. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete